• An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow

Church History

First Baptist Church History


The First Baptist Church of Louisa, Kentucky was organized in 1883.  The original building was raised in 1910; a new building of stone, which is presently being used by Young Funeral Home, was dedicated on September 24, 1911.  The church voted on April 3, 1957 to build a new building at a different location.  A lot located on the corner of Pike and Lady Washington Street was purchased.

Groundbreaking ceremonies were held on July 14, 1957 for the Construction of a new sanctuary and educational building.  On March 7, 1979, the church elected a committee to serve as a Church Building Feasibility and Planning Committee to study the needs for additional space.  In May 1981, the church broke ground for the Family Life Center.  The edifice was constructed, completed and dedicated on October 18, 1981.

The church, realizing a need for alternative education in our community, opened a Christian School in the fall of 1990 with 25 students enrolled.  Due to growth of the church and the school, a new educational building was constructed and dedicated on August 26, 1993.
 
First Baptist Church of Louisa is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, the Kentucky Baptist Convention and the Greenup Baptist Association and has always been a church with strong missionary zeal.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Calendar Link

Newsletter Link

 

 _________________________________________

KY Baptist Convention Logo

Join Us

join-us.png

 

We have 22 guests and no members online